Things to Do
This is the place where you can embrace the great outdoors and so much more.
Wondering what to do in St. Joseph County? Visit the historic Riviera Theatre in Three Rivers for eclectic, live and movie events or go the cinema route at the Strand Theater in Sturgis. Stroll hand-in-hand along the water or launch a boat at Reed Riverside Park in Mendon. Check out who’s splashing around at Klinger Lake. Play disc golf or go tubing at Meyer Broadway Park—just make sure you’re dressed for the right season!
Trails and Outdoor Attractions
- Covered Bridge Farm, with over 1,000 feet of waterfront and six acres, provides an idyllic setting, boasting picturesque views of the iconic Langley Covered Bridge and St. Joseph River.
- Rawson’s King Mill County Park is where you can spend a day exploring everything this gorgeous park has to offer: the scenic dam and waterfalls, the historic mill, and over seven acres of bridges, paths and gardens over two islands. Rawson’s King Mill County Park provides park-goers with ample space for picnics, fishing, and relaxation.
- Meyer Broadway County Park is located one mile west of US-131 in Three Rivers. This 160-acre park is home to a variety of recreation types and offers something for everyone! Hike the park’s open and paved multi-use trails, or use its grills, tables and pavilion for a picnic while letting the kids play on the playground. Meyer Broadway County park also features a sand volleyball court, a world-class 36-hole disc golf course, and a seven-mile mountain bike trail. Enjoy the five-acre dog park for furry friends as well as snow tubing and cross-country skiing in the winter months.
- Plumb Lake County Park offers you 126 acres to hike the prairie or woodland areas with boardwalks and bridges. You can also enjoy the fishing/observation pier, head out for a paddle on the lake using its ADA kayak launch or roll out a picnic in the pavilion while the kids play on nature-inspired play equipment.
- Cade Lake County Park & Campground is a 32-acre private lake located within the county park, which is comprised of 98 acres, 53 of which are wooded. This park also includes a newly renovated family campground featuring campfire rings, picnic tables, barbecue grills, picnic pavilions and a fish cleaning station.
- Sand Lake County Park & Campground is a nine-acre park located on 102-acre Sand Lake in Nottawa. Enjoy a day on the large sandy beach or hang out in the pavilion for picnics/cookouts (barbecues available). This accessible county park has grassy and shaded play areas, as well as inclusive play equipment.
- Timm Preserve, which covers 95 natural acres, is used for conservation and park purposes. Enjoy three miles of cut hiking trails through woodlands and wetlands and enjoy the recently installed boardwalks and bridge.
- Wahbememe Memorial Park is a historical site and small county park. Paying tribute to St. Joseph County’s rich cultural heritage, the site features a marker and stone recognizing Potawatomi Chief Wahbememe, who was known as a friend to the settlers of Michigan, as well as memorials honoring the area’s fallen soldiers.